Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stashbusting Report

Ok, so I am several weeks behind.  Honestly, I have not fallen off the band wagon.  Just been super busy.  I have been to Virginia and New York and am headed back to New York tomorrow.

Ok, so in the past few weeks I purchased 31/3 yards of fabric.  Mostly it was for the Bear in Farm House project I am working on.  I needed a bit more in the light gold department and did purchase the dark green batik to use for the border.  The picture of my progress so far is in the post below.

Other than that...I have used up not as much as I would have liked, but some is better than
 nothing.

I made this neat potholder for a dear friend on the HGTV message board.  I over analyzed how to make it, so Ryan drew me a heart and I went from there.  It turned out really cute.  I can not wait to make some more for family and friends.


I did finish my Mini Quilt for the swap hosted by Holee (I will link her blog in a few).  We each had a partner and asked them their favorite colors, but it was pretty much up to us as to what we made.  I made this black and while flying geese mini for my partner, Ali.  I knew she really liked black and whites and I love to make flying geese.  Each of these flying geese measure 1x2 inches!   I was surprised at how fun it was to make.  

Ali made me the prettiest mini that just screamed spring.  I love all of the romantic florals that she used, and accenting it with the birds.    She did such a great job of melding my taste of fabrics into her style of quilting.  Isn't that how quilting friendships should be?

Here are the results...

Fabric in this week: 3 1/3 yards
Fabric in YTD: 32 1/3 yards

Fabric used this week: 4 1/3  yards
Fabric used YTD: 31 yards

Net Fabric: +1 1/3 yards




No comments:

Post a Comment