Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stashbusting Weeks 8 and 9

This is a two week report because last weekend I went down to my inlaws house in Virginia. Ryan and Sophie left the day before and I went down the next day. I missed them terribly and must have been missing them too much because I cut part of the block in an entire queen size quilt wrong! I was starting to sew the blocks together and I noticed that the particular unit was a half an inch too small! I was besided my self, as the quilt was a kit that my Mom got for me out of the Quilt Shop Sampler Magazine from 2006! Three years ago, and there was no way that I was going to be able to replicate those fabrics. Put the project away for the night and thankfully came up with a creative way to piece the unit so it is not so noticable. I finished 8 blocks so far...
It is a fat quarter quilt that will ultimatly bust 34 fat quarters and 3 yards of borders. I have all of the "b" strips sewn together and hope to get the top completed by next week.

I did get the middle of the leader and ender project completly put together. I had no yardage of anything that went with the quilt to finish it off so I did buy 2 yards of a beautiful brown Thimbleberries print to use as an inner and thicker outer border. I still have to piece a middle border. I will pick up this leader and ender project when I won't get it confused with my current project! I did use a fat quarters worth of fabric to finish up the middle.

Last week I did make a trip out to see my dear friend Doreen while she was working at Crisitina's Quilt Shoppe where I used to work as well. We spent about an hour catching up and I was pretty bad in that I bought 3 yards of Moda Black fabric and two half yard pieces of beautiful orientals to go with my Michelle Obama prayer quilt. My mom is so good hers is already pieced! While I was there though I fell in love with an Alexander Henry print for a One Block wonder print. I was good though and did not buy any....a week later, 4.5 yards arrived at my house. Doreen did not want the fabric to sell out. I did buy her two yards of the Bernina Batik, and need to get that in the mail to her.

I did finish the 192 half square triangles all from stash (1.25 yards!) and did use a quarter of a yard to make fabric labels.


Fabric in this week: 10.5 yards (eek!)
Fabric in YTD: 29 yards

Fabric used this week: 2 yards
Fabric used YTD: 26.67 yards

Net Fabric: +2.34 yards

1 comment:

  1. That One Block Wounder pattern has made me buy fabric because of it too, so don't feel bad. And you always need black fabric... so that is a great buy too. Sounds to me like you are just stocking up for the wet spring days ahead. And make sure you have fun while you are using it!!