Saturday, January 31, 2009

Stashbusting Report Week 5

Well what a week! I did great as far as stashbusting, bust did do a bit of shopping. The "Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you See?" fabric arrived at my local quilt shop. I of course just had to have some. I picked out (gasp) 9 yards of fabric...in my defense though it is for the top and the backing. I think I have picked out a pattern for it, and will post it when I am for sure. We love reading all of the Eric Carle/Bill Martin Jr. books to Sophie and I have the Hungry Caterpillar fabric all waiting to be made into a quilt.


I did finish making all 5 little people bags for Sophie's toys. I made it so that there is plane fabric for the plane and Noah's Ark fabric for the Noah's Ark set and so forth. So far she has really enjoyed playing with the bags more so then the toys themselves this week. I totally over analyzed how to make these bags....they have no exposed seams and have a functional drawstrings. This used 2 and 1/3 yards of fabric.















I did finish the Moda Quilt Pink II quilt top. I am so excited that I finished this top before Valentines Day. The pieced border gave me mild fits, but I think that is simply because I hate putting borders on quilts. Not sure when I will get it quilted, but it is a little bigger than I like to on my machine. Who knows, maybe I will get adventurous. This used 3 more yards of stash!















I also made 56 four patch blocks for the leader/ender quilt that I am working on. I have really enjoyed working on this and seeing the pieces come together. It is really amazing how quickly this quilt is coming together.















Ok, here is this weeks results...


Fabric in this week: 9 yards
Fabric in YTD: 15.5 yards (eek!)



Stashbusted this week: 6 and 1/3 yards
Stashbusted YTD: 11 and 1/3 yards


Net: + 4 and 1/6 yards

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, your pink quilt is beautiful! I like the toy bags, too. Lovely work! Take care, Dianne B. in England

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lot of sewing this week! You'll have positive numbers in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty quilt! YOu fabric purchases aren't "speculation" purchases so I don't think you've done badly at all.

    Have a wonderful day,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi~
    I love the pink quilt!! :)
    So far I've resisted the Eric Caryle fabric, but I am weakening. :o LOL Have fun!

    ReplyDelete