Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back from Sunny St. Thomas!

No stash report last week as on Saturday, Ryan, Sophie, and I were on the wonderful island of St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. My parents live on island and my sister was getting married. She was a beautiful bride and her husband looked equally dashing in his Navy Dress Whites. While we were down there, my Mom (also a quilter) and I were out shopping and we went to a wonderful little children's boutique featuring local artisans around the island. They were potentially interested in carrying a few of items. Go Mom! We also set up a blog for her so when I get the go ahead I will post a link to it!


So, before I left, I did finish up the 25 quilt pink blocks. They look great and tomorrow while Sophie is sleeping I hope to get them sewn into a top. I need to make the half square triangles for the border, but that might be next weeks goal. I also made quite a few more leader and ender blocks....


While we were away, my machine went into the shop for it's annual cleaning and tension repair. I am pretty hard on my machine and now it is purring like a baby! I love sewing on it right when it gets back from the shop. No major repairs, but I think they did bend my needle threader back into place which makes me super happy.


Today, I made two blocks for 7 quilts that the HGTV quilters are making for the fireman of Gastonia, North Carolina. These gentlemen for the past several years have been drawing the winners for our HGTV raffle quilts. Right now, HGTV Quilters are raffeling off 23 quilts with all of the proceedes going to the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas, Texas. The goal is to raise enough money to sponser a paving stone. The Ronal McDonald House is a wonderful organization and I am proud to be a part of raising money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment